380 calories; 19g fat; 65mg cholesterol; 920mg sodium; 29g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 4 g sugar; 23g protein
Makes 6 Servings
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ teaspoon cracked black pepper
¾ teaspoon smoked hot paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 3oz each lamb chop, rib, Frenched with bone
- Combine salt, pepper and smoked paprika in small bowl.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels.
- Rub both sides of chops with spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook until browned, about 6 minutes per side or until cooked to 145° F for medium rare, reducing heat to medium if needed.* Remove to clean plate and let rest 5 minutes.
*Note: You may need to cook the lamb chops in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet.
Note: If individual rib chops are not available at your butcher, ask them to cut a rack of lamb into individual rib chops.
While the lamb chops cook, prepare the quinoa salad.
3 cups cooked quinoa
- tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- teaspoons chopped fresh mint
¼ cup fresh chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
1 cup fresh diced tomatoes (no seeds)
1 cup (about ½ of an English cucumber) fresh diced cucumber, skin on
¼ cup diced red onion
10 Kalamata olives, each olive sliced in quarters, lengthwise
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
zest of ½ a lemon, about ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon kosher salt ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
Optional: You may demonstrate mincing the garlic, chopping mint, chopping parsley, and dicing the onion
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a medium size bowl. Gently stir in the herbs, and vegetables and feta. Season with the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Can be served warm or cold. Final Recipe Presentation:
On an oval or round platter, place the quinoa salad in the center of the platter and line the six lamb chops around the quinoa so that the bone is facing up. Or, serve the salad on one side of the platter and the lamb on the other. Alternatively, you can plate them separately.
You will need small tongs for the chops and a spoon for the salad. Culinary
- No need for complicated recipe instructions – lamb is an easy protein to prepare, yielding impressive, flavorful meal results in a matter of minutes!
- If using a gas grill to cook these lamb chops at home, turn all burners on high, close the lid and heat until grates are hot, about 15 minutes. Scrape the grates clean and brush with canola oil.
- For medium rare lamb, you are looking for an internal temperature of 145° F and for medium, you are looking for an internal temperature of 160° F. Nutrition Notes:
- Quick-cooking lamb loin and rib chops are the perfect small portion of meat—around 3 ounces of satisfying protein and rich flavor.
- A single portion of lamb provides over half your daily protein needs—an ideal fuel for active bodies. 2
- Lamb is raised without the addition of synthetic hormones.