Papanasi are a kind of doughnuts. These are made in the oven and they are healthier that the fried ones, because they are not filled with oil. Combined with a light cream and cherry jam, they are indeed delicious.
- 180 ml milk
- 60g butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 little package of yeast (40g)
- 2 eggs
- 420g all-purpose flower
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- heavy cream
- jam (cherry)
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk.
- Add eggs and mix it.
- Add flour, sugar, melted butter and salt
- Cover the composition with a towel to not dry on the surface and put in a warm place for 1 hour until doubled in volume.
- Stretch the dough and cut circles with a little hole to look like a doughnut.
- Put them on baking sheet / silicone.
- Paint them with egg mixed with milk.(optional)
- Let them rise for another hour in the oven at 50ºC.
- Increase the heating at 180ºC for about 15–20min.
- Serve with jam and cream.