- 4 thick cut pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine the brown sugar and spices (salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika and garlic powder or whatever spice blend you like).
- Remove the pork chops from their package and rub the brown sugar/spice mix all over both sides. Use all of the spice mix.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium/high heat. When the oil is nice and hot (it will look wavy in the pan), add the pork chops. Cook the chops for about 5 minutes on each side or until they are nicely browned.
- If you are using an oven safe skillet, place the skillet in the oven for an additional 5 minutes to make sure they are cooked through. If your skillet is not oven safe (most plastic handled skillets and teflon are not safe in the oven), transfer the chops to a baking sheet lined with foil then place in the oven.
- Remove the chops from the oven and drag each side around in the thick glaze that has formed around the chops in the pan prior to serving