- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 15oz can diced tomato
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 6-7 cups cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oi in a pan over medium high heat and sauté onion and garlic till onion gets translucent. Add in ground beef and pork sausage. Cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking the meat with a spatula till the meat is no longer pink.
- Add browned meat into slightly greased crockpot. Add in all the herbs and spices, salt, pepper along with diced tomatoes. Combine well. Add in beef broth and top with shredded cabbage.
- Close the lid and cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on slow.
Instant pot method
1. Put the instant pot on Saute mode and wait till its hot. Heat oil and sauté onion and garlic for a couple of minutes, till onion is soft and translucent. Add in meats and sauté for 4-5 minutes, breaking with a spatula, till meat is no longer pink. Add in all the rest of the ingredients.
2. Close the lid, set the valve to sealing and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Once the cook time ends, allow the steam to naturally release for 5-10 minutes. Once all the steam is released, open the lid and serve hot.
1. Heat oil in soup pot on medium high heat and sauté onion and garlic. After 2-3 minutes, stir in meats and cook for 4-5 minutes till they become brown.
2. Add in spices and herbs along with diced tomatoes. Combine well. Add in broth, salt, pepper and cabbage and stir well. Bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, till cabbage is soft and tender.