Back to Top
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, chilled
- 1/2 cup gravy
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Pour gravy into an icecube tray and freeze until solid, 1-2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and cut each cube into 3-4 smaller pieces, if using a large ice cube tray.
- Set up a breading station by placing flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, cream cheese, parmesan, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Wrap 2-3 tablespoons of potato mixture around one gravy cube. Roll each ball in flour, then dredge in egg mixture, and lastly bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining potatoes and gravy cubes.
- In a large pot or skillet, heat 3-4 inches of vegetable oil to 375ºF.
- Making sure to not overcrowd the pan, fry potato bombs in batches for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined dish and let drain.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!