Back to Top
- 12 oz acini de pepe pasta
- 2 (20 oz each) cans pineapple tidbits, drained and juice reserved
- 1 (20 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the drained mandarin oranges and pineapple tidbits. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 3/4 cup of the reserved pineapple juice and the granulated sugar. Whisk over medium heat until dissolved.
- Add beaten eggs and flour. Heat mixture to 170°F, whisking constantly. Mixture will thicken to a custard consistency after 10-20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Once cool, add to bowl with fruit. Add marshmallows and coconut and stir to combine. Cover and chill at least 6 hours and preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, stir in the cool whip. Top with additional coconut and marshmallows if desired. Enjoy!