Back to Top
For the cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup 7-Up soda
for the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons 7-up
- Preheat oven to 325˚. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan or two 6-cup loaf pans.
- In large bowl cream together butter, sugar, and shortening.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, followed by flavor extracts.
- Fold in lemon and lime zest.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Whip together cream and 7-up with the rest of the batter until fluffy consistency is reached.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, checking for doneness after one hour by inserting a knife the cake. Cake is ready when knife comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool before drizzling with glaze. Mix together 2 tablespoons of 7-up with powdered sugar. Thin with additional tablespoon 7-up if needed.