PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME20 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 TBS seasoning veggie blend. The one I use is Mrs. Dash Salt free seasoning blend or Wellsley Farms Organic Veggie Blend.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced. (can add 3 cloves if you like extra garlic’y)
- Rinse and dry eggplant
- Cut into 1-inch steaks
- Drizzle eggplant pieces with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning blend.
- Use a food silicone brush to coat eggplant steaks evenly and spread them out on your cooking sheet or air fryer basket so they don’t overlap.
- Air fry mode at 400F (200C) for 7 minutes. Then flip each eggplant piece on the other side and air fry for an additional 5 minutes or until the golden brown color and the skin is hard and crispy.
- Once the eggplant is being cooked in your air fryer, prepare your garlic parmesan butter.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the soft butter with chopped garlic, freshly grated parmesan, and chopped parsley.
- When the eggplant is out of the air fryer and transferred onto the plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste if desired, or brush each eggplant steak with your freshly made garlic parmesan butter.
- Enjoy your air fryer eggplant!