The autumn is the season of apples and if there are some remaining after the I have eaten enough of them fresh, then there is nothing more suitable than an apple tart just taken out of the oven.
Ingredients for the crust:
- 250g flour
- 125g softened butter
- 2,5 tablespoons of cold water
- one pinch of salt
Other ingredients for the tart:
- 5 apples
- 50g sugar
- 3 eggs
- the juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam
Preparation of the crust:
- Put all the ingredients in an electric mixer and form the dough. If the mixer didn’t do the job perfectly continue a little with your hands.
- Stretch the dough large enough to cover the entire tart pan. I have used a 25cm tart pan that is not sticking and the bottom is totally detachable. Transfer the dough into the tart pan.
- Pour ceramic weights (or dried beans) on the dough in the tart pan and put it in the oven at 190°C for 30 min. The time is enough to brown a little the crust
- Take it out and let it cool. Remove the ceramic weights.
Preparation of the tart:
- Remove the apple middle with the seeds, peel them and cut them in fine slices. Pour the juice of a lemon and give a gentle mix for the lemon juice to over the apples avoiding in this way to get brown.
- Sit the apple slices in the crust, overlappind a little one another. Put the second layer of apple slices as well.
- Mix the eggs with the lemon juice of the second lemon. Add sugar and the lemon zest.
- Pour the composition over apples.
- Put in the oven for 20min at 180°C.
- Take the tart out of the oven and “paint” it on top with apricot jam. If the jam is too solid add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Put the tart back in the oven for about 15 min at 180°C. Take it out and let it cool.