- 10 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped (or frozen, thawed, and squeezed)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce, optional
- toasted baguettes, for dipping
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, garlic, onion, sour cream, cream cheese, milk, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and optional hot sauce. Mix well.
Pour the mixture into an oven-safe, 9-inch skillet. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Then, set the oven to broil and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
Top with cooked and crumbled bacon, and serve warm with toasted baguettes, vegetables, crackers, or chips.