Baked Crab Cakes:
Each serving contains:
4g total fat
2 egg whites beaten
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon coarse grain Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon old bay seafood seasoning mix
1 pound lump crab meat, check and remove any shells
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Combine the egg whites, bread crumbs, celery, bell pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, and old bay in a bowl and mix well.
2. Gently fold in the crab meat. Spread the flour on a sheet of waxed paper and spoon the crab mixture into 8 equal mounds on the paper.
3. Shape mixture into patties. Roll each of the crab cakes in the flour and place on the baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to350 degrees F. Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
5. Add 4 crab cakes to the pan and cook until browned, about 2 minutes on each side, drizzling 1 teaspoon oil around the cakes after turning and shaking the pan to spread the oil.
6. Transfer the crab cakes to a paper towel lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining crab cakes and oil.
7. Place the crab cakes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake until hot, 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve with garlic mashed potatoes.