Back to Top
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- Cinnamon sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a doughnut hole or min muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs and mix again.
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and vanilla. Stir the flour into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling cups full, and place top of pan on if your pan has one.
- Bake until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a donut hole comes out clean, 15-17 minutes.
- Turn holes onto a wire rack to cool.
- Place cinnamon sugar in a ziptop bag, add donuts a few at a time and gently shake to coat. If they have cooled too much and sugar won’t stick, you can spray them very lightly with a bit of water first. Enjoy!