Back to Top
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 2 (8 oz.) containers creme fraiche or ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups asiago cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated, plus 1/3 cup for garnish
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions, or until just al dente. 8-10 minutes.
- Drain pasta, making sure to reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- In a large bowl, combine creme fraiche, asiago cheese, 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, pasta water, lemon juice, egg and nutmeg, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss cooked pasta in with the cheese mixture, mixing until thoroughly coated.
- Place in a lightly greased oven-proof skillet or baking dish and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.