Baklava Cheesecake is one of the best dessert, This delicious crunchy and creamy baklava cheesecake is so good to match with hot tea.
How To Make Baklava Cheesecake ??
Ingredients of Baklava Cheesecake:
- 7 phyllo dough sheets
- 120 g melted unsalted butter
- for the syrup:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup sugar (200g)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 cardamoms, slightly crushed
- 1 tsp rosewater
4 tbsp honey
for the filling:
- 300 g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (120ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar (100g)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp rosewater
- for the walnut mixture:
- 250 g walnut
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp salt
- dried edible roses
- 19 cm spring pan
- . Bring the water, sugar, cardamoms, lemon juice, and honey to boil until it thickens. Turn off the heat, then add the rosewater. Set aside and let it cool.
- .Melt unsalted butter. Set aside.
- .Process/chop the walnut with cinnamon and salt until coarsely ground. Set aside.
- .In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth with a hand mixer. Add the lemon zest, heavy cream, and rose water. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- .Lay your phyllo sheets on a clean working surface and fold the sheet into half and fold again until you get the desired size. Brush with melted butter.
- .Transfer the dough into your greased springform pan with the edges hanging over the collar. Repeat with the rest of the sheets, turning and overlapping so that the base is fully covered.
- .Put about 3/4 of the walnut mixture on top of the base and pour about 6 tbsp of the syrup.
- .Transfer the remaining walnut mixture into a bowl and mix with About 6 tbsp of syrup.
- . Pour the cheesecake mixture over the walnut and drop a little bit of the walnut mixture on top. Save about 2 tbsp of walnut mixture for later use.
- .Fold over edges of the phyllo dough and brush generously with the remaining butter.
- .Put the baklava in a preheated 170 C oven for about 40-50 minutes.
- .After 30 minutes, the top is already brown so cover the top with aluminum foil then bake further.
- .After 50 minutes, remove the baklava cheesecake from the oven and immediately pour the syrup. Garnish with the remaining walnut mixture, pistachios, and dried edible rose.
- .Let it sit for at least 6 hrs before serving.