Back to Top
- 1 very large baking dish, or 2 medium size baking dish
- large sauce pan
- small skillet
- double boiler
Ground Beef Filling
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 5 1/2 oz. can evaporated milk
- 4 oz. jar of pimientos
- 4 oz. can of diced green chiles
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
- 24-32 corn tortillas, warmed I do this one-by-one in a warm skillet with a drizzle of oil, as I fill them. This keeps the corn tortillas from cracking.
- drizzle of oil
- In large sauce pan, brown ground beef and chopped onions. Drain if necessary.
- Add cumin, salt and cheddar cheese. Cover and let the cheese melt.
- Separate this mixture into fourths. Split each fourth into 6 equal parts and use that amount as filling for each tortilla. (It’s a little less than ¼ of a cup in each tortilla.)
- Roll each tortilla as you fill it and place it, seam side down, in 1 very large or 2 medium sized casserole dishes.
- Combine the Cheese Sauce ingredients in double boiler and heat until Velveeta cheese melts. Pour over rolled tortillas.
- Bake uncovered on 350º for 30 minutes until sauce is hot and bubbly.