Deep Dish Pizza:
Makes 6 Servings
Each serving contains:
20g total fat
1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
1 pound ground beef
1½ cups jarred low-sodium, sugar free, spicy mushroom pasta sauce
1¼ cups (4 ounces) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a 13×9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Unroll the pizza dough, press it over the bottom and halfway up the sides of the prepared dish, and bake for 7 minutes.
3 .While the crust bakes, sauté the beef in a large skillet until browned, breaking the meat up into small pieces using a wooden spoon.
4. Drain the meat in a colander, rinse with hot water, and shake the colander to drain out as much water as possible.
5. Turn out the meat onto a paper towel-lined baking sheet and roll up the meat in the towel to blot up any moisture.
6. Pour the meat into a bowl, add the sauce, and toss to mix.
7. Spread the meat over the crust and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake until the crust is browned and the cheese melts, about 8 minutes longer.