Back to Top
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh cheese curds
- 8 ounces beer
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh parsley, minced, for garnish
- frying oil
- Remove cheese curds from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. In a large bowl, mix together the pancake mix, eggs, beer, salt and pepper until combined, then set aside.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until it reaches 425º F.
- Working in batches, dip cheese curds in batter, then shake off excess and place curds in oil. Fry for 1 minute, or until golden brown, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, hot sauce and garlic powder. Taste and add more hot sauce if desired.
- Place cheese curds on a serving dish and garnish with parsley. Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!