1 1/2 POUND LOAF
- 1 1⁄8cups beer (9 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1⁄2cups bread flour
- 1⁄4cup sugar
- 3⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 1/4 t. bread machine yeast)
- Pour beer into a bowl and let stand at room temperature for a few hours to go flat.
- Place all ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer’s directions.
- Set crust on dark and program for the Basic cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.