This homemade cake recipe is simple to prepare from scratch and will become a family favorite. It may be made with fresh or frozen strawberries. Make sure to finish it off with a dollop of my delectable strawberry cake icing!
Strawberry cake is unique in that it is both sweet and sour. The cream cheese icing is the star of the show on this cake. Strawberry compote is a lot simpler to make than you may imagine. The fresh berries are simply cooked down with sugar and lemon juice. To ensure that the cake has the finest strawberry taste possible, we incorporated it in the batter and icing. The compote may produce a bit more than you need, but the leftovers can be used as jam! It will stored for a week in the refrigerator. And the taste will remain the same!!!!
This is a simple strawberry cake made without the use of a white cake mix. This strawberry cake from the home recipe is very simple, so don’t be put off if you think you won’t be able to create it.
When I see this cake, it makes me sensible. It’s absolutely breathtaking. Is it okay if I carry this cake around with me everywhere I go? I’m certain that the whole world would stop warring and weeping and flock to me, asking for a taste. It’s absolutely breathtaking.
The good news is that it tastes just as delicious as it looks. That’s a fantastic thing to say!
FOR THIS DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY CAKE, YOU’LL NEED:
THE CAKE INGREDIENTS:
• Eggs, I used two large-sized.
• 2 Cups.Of all-purpose flour.
• 1 Cups.Of granulated white sugar.
• ¾ Cup.Of milk.
• One soft stick.Of butter.
• ¾ Cup.Of strawberry compote.
• 3 Large spoons.Of cornstarch.
• 1½ small spoons.Of baking powder.
• ½ small spoon.Of baking soda.
• 1 small spoon.Of salt.
• 1 small spoon.Of vanilla.
• A food coloring, I used pink but it’s optional!!!
THE FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
• A softened block.Of cream cheese, use the medium-sized of 8-ounces.
• 4½ Cups.Of powdered sugar.
• One soft stick.Of butter.
• ¼ Cup.Of strawberry compote.
• 1 small spoon.Of. vanilla extract.
• A little pinch.Of salt.
• For garnish, I used fresh strawberries.
• Step 1 – Mash strawberries in a food processor, then combine with sugar and lemon juice in a small pot, and place on a low-medium heat setting. Cook, stirring often until the sauce has thickened and reduced by half, approximately 20 minutes. There should be approximately 112 cups of strawberry compote left over, and remove the pan, turn the heat off and set it aside to cool fully.
• Step 2 – Turn the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and oil and line two 8-inch round cake pans.
• Step 3 – Then, you need to combine the flour with cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
• Step 4 – In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, and add in the eggs, one by one, beating thoroughly after each addition.
• Step 5 – After thoroughly incorporating the strawberry compote and vanilla, add the milk, and mix in the dry ingredients until they’re totally mixed. You can now add some pink food coloring if you want a really pink cake.
• Step 6 – Then, divide batter equally between prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. And allow 15 minutes for cooling before inverting onto cooling racks to cool fully.
• Step 7 – To make the icing, follow these steps: Cream together cream cheese and butter in a large mixing dish with a hand mixer until no lumps remain, then fold in strawberry compote.
• Step 8 – Following that, mix in the powdered sugar until it is completely blended.
• Step 9 – Then, you can mix in the vanilla extract and a sprinkle of salt. If your frosting is overly runny, put it in the fridge for 20 minutes before applying it to the cake.
• Step 10 – On one of the cake layers, spread a thick layer of frosting. Place the second layer of cake on top, then frost the edges and top. If using, garnish with fresh strawberries.
Have you given it a try yet? Please, remember to share your experience with us in the comments section below!