2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c milk
pinch cream of tartar
2 c heavy whipping cream
2 1/4 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 c cocoa
2 c sugar
1 c milk
1/2 c veg. oil
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 can(s) cherry pie filling, with extra cherries
1. Icing: In a large mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, tartar mixing well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350…Place 24 paper liners in cupcake pans, set aside.
3. Sift together and combine dry ingredients, including sugar, into a lrg bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Pour or scoop evenly into liners filling 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 17-21 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Cool cupcakes on wire racks. When cool, using an apple corer, make a hole for filling. Reserve 24 cherries out of the pie filling, then place pie filling into holes. (I got 2-3 cherries and some sauce into each one)
6. Remove powdered sugar mixture from refrigerator and mix in whipping cream on medium-high speed until cream forms stiff peaks. Top each cupcake with whipped icing and reserved cherry…
7. These cupcakes should be kept refrigerated. Remove from fridge 15-30 before serving.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!