- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (210 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (8oz) sour cream
- ½ cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium lemon (zest and juice), divided
- ½ Tbsp corn starch
- 16 oz (450g) fresh** blueberries
- Powdered sugar to dust the top, optional
- Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment. Preheat Oven to 375˚F.
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Cake:
- Beat 2 eggs and 1 cup sugar with whisk attachment on high speed 5 min, or until light in color and thick.
- Add 1 cup sour cream, ½ cup oil, 1 tsp vanilla, ¼ tsp salt and whisk on low speed until well combined.
- Whisk together the 2 cups flour with 2 tsp baking powder then add to batter ⅓ at a time, whisking to incorporate with each addition. Finally, add 1 Tbsp lemon juice and ½ Tbsp zest.
- Rinse blueberries and drain well. In a medium bowl, toss blueberries with ½ Tbsp corn starch and 1 tsp lemon juice, stirring until well combined and no dry white cornstarch remains.
- Pour half of batter into prepared springform pan and spread evenly. Top with half of the blueberries. Spread with remaining batter then sprinkle the rest of the blueberries evenly over the top, pushing them slightly into the batter (about halfway). Bake at 375˚F for 45 to 55 minutes (mine was perfect at 55 min), or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cake rest in the pan 15-20 minutes then remove ring and cool until room temp or just warm. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
**If using frozen blueberries, thaw and drain then in step #4: toss with 1 Tbsp cornstarch and omit lemon juice. Do not add more than 16 oz blueberries
or they weigh down the cake.
*measure flour by spooning into measuring cup then scraping off the top.