– Super soft, moist and easy to make!
• 250ml (1 cup) milk
• 200ml (4/5 cup) mineral water
• 200ml (4/5 cup) vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp dry yeast
• 2 tbsp sugar
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 tbsp cocoa powder
• 625g (5 cups) flour
• 1 egg yolk
1. In a bowl mix together warm milk with sugar and yeast, and add in oil and mineral water.
2. Add in flour, divide the dough into two portions and add a little flour to the first portion and cocoa powder to the second. Let the dough rise for 40 minutes.
3. Divide each portion into 4 pieces, roll it and top the white dough with the dark one and cut it into strips and twist them, then roll up it and transfer to the baking pan.
4. Let the dough rise for 20 minutes more and spread with egg yolk. Bake at 180’C (360’F) for 50-60 minutes. Enjoy your Braided brioche.