- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Milk, for brushing tops of rolls
- 1 tablespoon minced onion, for topping
- Add water, milk, salt, bread flour, 3T onion, sugar and yeast to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough/manual cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces for dinner buns and 4 pieces for larger sandwich buns. Shape each piece into a smooth ball. Place balls on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Brush rolls lightly with milk and sprinkle with 1T onion, pressing onion gently into dough. (I personally just like to dump onion on the cutting board and just roll or press the roll into it! Bring on the onion!) Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until done. Remove from sheet and let cool on wire rack.