- 12 sea scallops, patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven broiler to high. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Lay approximately 4-6 scallops in a baking dish. Combine melted butter, sherry and lemon juice and brush the scallops lightly.
- Broil for 5-6 minutes, until tops are browned. Flip and broil 5-6 more minutes until other sides is browned. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.