This is a version of a tart I was doing very often, but lately I almost ignored it. It is a super fast tart.The only key ingredient is the type of cheese used, that here in Belgium is not easy to find. I had it brought from Romania and stayed in the refrigerated until I have decided to do something with it.
- 190g butter
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 50ml milk
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 1 kg of not salty cheese. It is a type of cottage cheese, well drained.
- 5 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of yogurt (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 hand of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of almond essence
Preparation of tart crust: (you can use a bought one as well)
- Mix the butter until has a soft and creamy texture, preferably using an electric mixer.
- Add all the rest of ingredients (salt, milk, flour) and mix them until you obtain the dough.
- Stretch the dough and transfer it into the tart pan.
Preparation of the composition:
- Beat the eggs.
- Add sugar, vanilla sugar, almond essence, salt, cheese and finally the raisins.
Pour the composition into the tart crust and put it in the oven for 50 min 180ºC. It became brown very quickly on the top, so when half of the time was spent, I’ve decided to cover it with aluminium foil.
If you already have a pastry crust bought, it really takes 15 min of work and then just need to wait for its cooking.