Cheesy Chicken and Veggies
Makes 6 servings
Each serving contains:
16 grams fat
6 grams carbohydrates
32 grams protein
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾ inch strips
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
¾ cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
¼ cup soy sauce
2 cups reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
1. Heat a 12 inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add oil to coat bottom of skillet.
3. Add chicken, stir-frying for 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet, set aside.
4. Add carrots, zucchini, and broccoli to skillet. Stir-fry for 5 – 6 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. Add the chicken and soy sauce to the vegetable mixture, stirring well to coat everything with the soy sauce. Turn heat to low.
6. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the chicken and vegetables. Cover skillet and continue to cook on low heat until cheese is melted.