Chocolate cake mix: 1 box (I use only the dry mix)
Dr. Pepper Cherry Soda: 1 1/2 cup
Maraschino cherries with no stem : 1 jar ( I always remove 24 cherries from the jar and set aside)
Unsalted sweet cream butter: 1 cup (softened)
Powdered sugar: 3 cups + 2 more cups if needed
chocolate shavings: 1 container, if desired (Found at Hobby Lobby)
1. I always set the temperature of my oven to 350F before I start.
2. Using pam baking spray, spray a 9×13 baking dish; set aside.
3. Then mix together the cake mix and soda with a standing mixer, until combined.
4. Make sure to cut the cherries in half. And please mix into the batter.
5. The cake batter needs to be poured into the baking dish at this stage.
6. Once done, bake in the oven or until a toothpick comes out clean, it takes around half an hour.
7. The last step is to permit the cake cooled completely before frosting.