- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning
- 1 (4-pound) whole roasting chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 6-7 thick strips of bacon cooked, crumbled.
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Green onions, chopped
- 1- 1oz package of Ranch seasoning
- 15 ( 6 inch ) tortillas
- Start by prepping your whole chicken. You will remove any giblets and such inside the chicken cavity. Pat down your chicken with a paper towel.
- Now grab your ranch dressing powder and season your chicken and inside your chicken as well. Place lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken.
- Turn your Instant Pot on the saute feature, and add in your oil and chicken. Place breast side down, and cook until it is golden brown. This takes about 4-5 minutes.
- Once breast side is browned, flip the chicken over carefully and brown the other side of the chicken. Then remove from the Instant Pot.
- Turn the saute feature off, and make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the Instant Pot. Use a wooden spoon to scrape.
- Now place metal trivet into the pot. Add in your chicken stock, and place chicken on top.
- Set high pressure for 28 minutes with a natural release for 25 minutes. Let rest on a a cooling rack until cooled down.
- Once chicken is cooled you will want to debone and pull chicken off the bone and shred the meat.
- In a bowl add softened cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, bacon, green onions and ½ packet of dry ranch seasoning.
- Mix well until combined. Stir in your chicken.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the chicken on a tortilla and roll it up tightly and place in a baking dish.
- Complete till all the taquitos are wrapped. You can season with salt and dry ranch powder if you want. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until flour tortillas are golden brown.
- NOTE: Taquitos can be frozen up to 30 days. Place in a sealable freezer bag laying flat.
- Cook from frozen: Bake for 25 min.