- 1 pound 99% fat free ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs
- 100 grams shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (Kraft in the green container works best)
- 2 tsp salt-free Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups light tomato sauce Prego Light is great
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add all ingredients except tomato sauce and mozzarella to a bowl.
Mix to combine – using your hands works best!
Divide mixture into fourths, and roll each section into 4 meatballs. You should get a total of 16 meatballs – they will be fairly large.
Add meatballs to a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove meatballs from the oven and add your tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
turn your oven to broil, and broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.