Each serving contains:
Carbohydrate 26 grams
Fat 12 grams
Protein 24 grams
6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 pound ground chicken
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups marinara sauce
3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain.
3. Place spaghetti in a large bowl. Add the beaten egg and Parmesan cheese, mixing well to coat pasta.
4. Place spaghetti mixture into the pie plate, pressing on the bottom and sides to form the “crust”.
5. Spray a medium non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat.
6. Add the ground chicken and mushrooms, stirring often to break up the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned.
7. Add the marinara sauce and Italian seasoning, stirring well to combine. Cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Spoon the ricotta cheese evenly over the spaghetti crust.
9. Pour the meat sauce over top of the ricotta cheese.
10. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly on top of the meat sauce.
11. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.