Chicken pot pie is as easy as we mentioned. It’s delicious too. So you obviously need to do this!) Store-bought pie crust makes this classic chicken pie really easy!
* Ingredients :
° 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil
° 1 pound chicken tenderloins
° 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
° 1 cup celery cut into cubes
° 1 cup wine potatoes, cut into cubes
° 1 cup carrots, cut into cubes
° 1 cup chopped onion
° 1 teaspoon salt
° 1/4 c + 2 tsp allpurpose flour
° 1 1/2 cups low-sodium warm chicken broth
° 1/2 cup warm whole milk
° 1/3 cup dry sherry
° 3/4 cup frozen peas
° 1 egg + 2 tsp water
° 1 package store-bought pie crusts (two crusts, one for the top, and one for the bottom)
1) Preheat oven 375 degrees. Grease 9.5-inch glass pan pie.Season the chicken breast to taste with salt and a little black pepper.
2) Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot. Add 2 tsp olive oil.3) Cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides and cooked through at about 23 min on one hand, and 1-2 min on other. Then removing from the pan and set apart.
4) Adding rest olive oil and butter to same skillet. Add celery, potatoes, carrots, onions and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon. Fry the vegetables until slightly softened, but not cooked, for 2-3 minutes. Add flour. Stir until smooth. Cook for 1 minute.
5) Turn off the heat and slowly whisk in the chicken stock and whole milk, making sure there are no lumps. Whisk in Sherry.Use a wooden spoon to scrape off any brown debris from the bottom of the pan.Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce it to a boil. Simmer to very thick, 2-3 min.While the sauce and vegetables are simmering, cut the chicken into small pieces. While sauce thick, adding chicken // season with plenty of salt // pepper to flavor .
6) Adding frozen peas, stir. Sit apart .
7) Whisking water & eggs jointly in bowl. Place one crust on the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour pancake mixture on top. Brush bottom crust wiith egg washing & covering with other crust. Fold top crust under, & close top // bottom crust. Crimp edges of crust. Clean entiire top with egg wash (be generous!). If wanted , sprinkling with dry thyme.8) Use a sharp knife to punch holes in the top of the crust to release steam during baking.Bake in oven for 45 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serve .