My mother knows that from all the meets, I am a fan of chicken. This is why, one of the first cook books she passed me was about how to prepare chicken. This book is no bigger than a pocket and somehow I put it in the back of my shelf, for the simple reason that it has no picture in it. Nowadays, is difficult to find a cookbook without photos inside. I actually believe that photos are selling the cookbook because the reader wants to know how it looks. Nevertheless, coming back to my little chicken cookbook, I took it out from the shelf and look for some interesting recipes. This is the first one I have selected…
- 1kg of chicken parts. I took a big chicken, chopped it and use everything but the breast and legs that I have used for something else.
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 200g celery (diced)
- 2 small onions (diced)
- 1 zucchini
- 3 egg yolks
- 130g rice
- 1 hand of chopped green parsley
- 100g sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Boil the chicken parts in 4-5 liters of water for 30 minutes. Remove the foam when boiling.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, zucchini and let them boil for 10 minutes.
- Separately, cook the rice with 300ml of soup removed from the pot for 5 minutes.
- Put the rice in the soup, boil for another 5 minutes and remove from heating source.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, flour and egg yolks. Add some soup from the pot to make the composition more liquid. Put it in the big pot of soup and stir a little.
- Add the chopped parsley.
Serve the soup warm with lemon juice, fresh parsley and paprika.