This Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is a moist, thick and delicious chocolate chip cookie in the form of a cake. It’s not only easy to decorate, but it also tastes amazing on its own!
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper cut to fit. Spray the top of the parchment paper with baking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in the whole egg, yolk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix for 30 seconds until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the edges are set and the top is no longer glossy in appearance. Don’t over-bake, as you will end up with a dry cookie cake.
- Allow the cookie cake to cool in the pan completely.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan and if desired, transfer the cookie to a serving platter.
- Decorate with frosting if desired.
- Cut and serve.
- You can use a 9-inch cake pan if you don’t have a springform pan. The springform pan allows for easy removal.
- Store airtight for up to 3 days for best freshness.