Want an easy, minimal ingredient breakfast recipe the kids will love? These Chocolate Chip Pancakes are effortless, tasty and absolutely flavorful!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 Tbs butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips any flavor
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together milk, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Fold or whisk in your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients until just combined.
- Then fold in your chocolate chips, batter may be lumpy and that is ok.
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on stove over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan in 1/4 cup measurements, gently spread the batter out some then press chocolate chips into the batter.
- Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes until you see bubbles form and burst on top of batter, and the underside is golden.
- Flip until browned on other side, remove to plate to repeat until all batter is used.
- Whisk dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then mix together until just combined, we do not want to over-mix the batter.
- Letting the batter sit for about 5 minutes gives time for the gluten to rest, resulting in pancakes that aren’t chewy and more fluffy.
- You can use any type of chocolate chips you like in this recipe, we prefer milk, but semi-sweet, dark and even mini chocolate chips work wonder.
- We like to spray our pan with non-stick cooking spray rather than melting butter into the pan, I feel that it cooks more even.
- Gently spread the batter out when pouring into pan, the batter isn’t super runny so it won’t spread as easily, so you need a little encouragement to get it larger.
- We don’t have any issues with chocolate chips sinking in the batter, but if you do have issues, just toss it in a little bit of flour before folding into batter.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 2mg