Back to Top
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat coconut oil and Greek yogurt together until combined, then mix in sugars.
- One at a time, beat in eggs (waiting for the first to be fully incorporated before adding the second), then mix in vanilla extract.
- Stir in quinoa, then, working in batches, add in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and coconut, if using, and pour mixture into greased baking dish. Smooth over the surface, then place dish in oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are brown and pulling away from the sides of the dish, and center is still slightly soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy!