Back to Top
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cup bread cubes (sourdough, farmhouse, or challah are all good options)
- Preheat oven 350˚. Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or by heating for 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each interval. Do not overheat chocolate.
- Combine melted chocolate in a large mixing bowl with sugar, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add milk to mixture, stirring constantly.
- Whisk eggs into mixture and add bread cubes. Toss to coat completely. Allow bread to soak in mixture for at least 10 minutes before pouring into baking dish. Level with spoon or knife.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until just barely still wobbly. Optional: serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.