For Hazelnut Crepes:
1/2 cup Hazelnut Flour
1/4 cup AP Flour
1 pinch of Salt
1 cup Whole Milk
4 tablespoons Butter (melted)
Olive Oil, for pan
For Chocolate Hazelnut Ricotta Filling:
2 cups Ricotta, drained
1 cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, plus extra for garnish
2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 pinch of Salt
1/2 cup Hazelnuts, toasted and chopped for garnish
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from abc.go.com
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the two Flours and a pinch of Salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Milk, Eggs and Butter. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until well combined and there are no lumps. Allow the batter to stand for 20 minutes to an hour.
2. Melt a pat of Butter in small non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Pour 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter into the pan. Cook until pale golden on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip and cook just 5 or 10 seconds on the second side. Remove and set aside. Continue the process until all the batter has been used. (At this point you can freeze the crepes. Wrap stacks of up to 20 crepes tightly in plastic and then in foil; when ready to use, thaw overnight.)
3. For the filling:
4. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
5. Fill each crepe with some of the Chocolate Hazelnut Ricotta mixture and fold in half.
6. Garnish crepes with a drizzle of Chocolate Hazelnut Spread and some chopped Hazelnuts.
Tips and Tricks:
1. As an alternative to Hazelnut Flour, just grind Hazelnuts in a food processor.
2. Allow batter to rest for an hour.