A big hit !! Even my daughter who has never made turtles before made a few batches and she loved em 😍😍😍. These CHOCOLATE PECAN TURTLE CLUSTERS is perfect for holidays.
WHAT YOU NEED :
– 2 to 1/2 C of pecans
– 1/2 C of butter (preferably salted)
– 1 C of brown sugar
– 1/2 C of light corn syrup
– (1/2 of a 14 ounce can) of condensed milk, sweetened
– 1/2 t of vanilla
– 1 (12 ounce) package of milk chocolate chips
– 1/2 t of shortening (Preferably butter flavored Crisco)
1. Into a large skillet, toss 2 to 1/2 cups of pecans. And please toast them over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until they have darkened just a bit and smell fragrant and wonderful, about a few minutes.
2. Next, line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. Immediately arrange your pecans into clusters, three to a group works well. Please leave some space (about an inch) between each cluster.