Delicious Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie that uses homemade apple pie filling, refrigerated cinnamon rolls, and crumb topping to create a delectable, easy FALL Dessert.
- 1 can cinnamon rolls
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1¼ cup brown sugar, divided
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and spray a pie dish with nonstick oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the apple slices with the 2 tbsp of flour, ¼ cup of sugar, and cinnamon until evenly coated.
- Slice cinnamon rolls into ½ to ¼-inch rounds, and roll out it with flour until thin.
- Layer the bottom of the pie dish with the flattened cinnamon rolls to create a crust. Make sure there are no spaces between the rolls.
- Pour the apples into the crust. It will mound up and almost seem to be overflowing.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of brown sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes. (My oven tends to brown things easily)
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes uncovered.
- Allow the pie to cool and make the icing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk.
- Transfer the icing to a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the corner cut off, and drizzle with icing.
- Slice, then serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!