Back to Top
For the cookies:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Equal parts cinnamon and sugar if desired for coating
For the filling:
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temp
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- For the filling, combine powdered sugar and cream cheese and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (first five ingredients) and stir well.
- Add in the oil, milk, and vanilla to form a cookie dough. (You can add extra milk if the dough seems too dry).
- Make little dough balls out of the dough, then split them in half and flatten out each half. Add a dollop of filling to one half, then place the other half on top and re-roll. Chill 30 minutes.
- Roll balls in cinnamon sugar, place on a baking tray, and bake on the center rack 11 minutes. They’ll look underdone when you take them out, so let them cool about 10 minutes on the baking tray and they will firm up as they cool.