◾1 Box Duncan Hines Family Size Fudge Brownie Mix, prepare as directed on package
◾1 (14 oz.) Package Sweetened Flaked Coconut
◾1 (14 oz.) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
◾1 Teaspoon Vanilla
◾2 Ounces Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate
Adapted from hotdishhomemaker.com
1. Prepare Brownie Mix according to package directions for “cake like” Brownies in a 9 x 13 pan. Bake the Brownies for 25 minutes. We don’t want the Brownies to be completely done, but close. I would check them at the 18 and 20 minute mark by inserting a toothpick in the center and look for it to be almost clean. That is a good indication that they are almost done so take them out of the oven. Once we put the topping on top, we are going to bake them again and that is why we don’t want them completely done at this point.
2. Time to make the topping. While the Brownies are baking, in a medium size bowl, stir together the Coconut, Vanilla and the Sweetened Condensed Milk. Set aside.
3. When the Brownies are nearly done, take them out of the oven and then spread the topping evenly over the top. Return the Brownies to the oven and bake for 15 additional minutes.
4. Remove Brownies from oven and allow to cool completely.
5. Melt the Chocolate according to package directions. Then drizzle it over the top of the cooled Coconut Macaroon Brownies. I usually just use a spoon and dip the end in the Chocolate then randomly squiggle the Chocolate all over the top.
6. Cut the Brownies into 2 inch pieces and you are ready to serve!