Egg Muffins are the perfect breakfast option for busy mornings. Loaded with all your breakfast favorites, like bacon, eggs, milk, and cheese, these muffins are simple, savory, and delicious.
This Cream Cheese Frosting recipe is quick, easy & perfect for frosting cupcakes since it holds its shape for piping! It’s the best cream cheese frosting!
Cream Cheese Frosting for Cupcakes
- 8 oz (226g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tbsp (86g) salted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting for Cakes
- 16 oz (452g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (172g) butter, room temperature
- 10 cups (1150g) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add the cream cheese and butter to a large mixer bowl and beat until well combined and smooth.
2. Add about half of the powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
3. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
4. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth. Add more or less powdered sugar, as desired for consistency purposes.
Note: The frosting for cupcakes and cakes differs only by the amount of powdered sugar used. I find that a little thicker consistency frosting is nicer on a cake so that things stay in place on the sides of the cake. Feel free to adjust the amount of powdered sugar if you’d like, but keep in mind that less will give you a thinner frosting and more will make it thicker. Both versions of the cream cheese frosting will pipe well, just be sure the frosting doesn’t get too warm.https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
Note: I like to use salted butter, but feel free to use unsalted. Add about 1/8 teaspoon or so of salt, depending on your preference.
Note: To make a chocolate cream cheese frosting, add 1/2 cup (57g) of natural unsweetened cocoa to the cupcake frosting and 1 cup (114g) to the cake frosting.
Note: Store unused cream cheese frosting in the fridge for 4-5 days or freeze in an airtight container for 2-3 months.
Keywords: cream cheese frosting, cream cheese frosting recipe, how to make frosting, how to make cream cheese frosting, best frosting for cupcakes, best frosting for cakes, best frosting for piping, easy frosting recipe