- 4 slices bacon, cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1½ cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups hot cooked fettuccine pasta
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add half the chicken.
Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
Remove to a plate and slice into small strips. Cover to keep warm.
Repeat with remaining chicken, adding more oil if necessary.
Add bacon to frying pan. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan & set aside.
Leave enough bacon grease in the pan to lightly coat the bottom.
Add garlic and mushrooms.
Cook for 2 minute, stirring. Sprinkle with flour, stirring quickly.
Stir in the chicken broth and milk.
Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, or until mixture thickens- stirring occasionally.
Stir in cheeses and bacon. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Add bacon mushroom mixture and chicken to pasta. Toss to combine.
Season with cracked black pepper.
Garnish with parsley.