- 2 cans (14 oz (420 ml) each) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 pound (120 g) reduced-fat smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 pound (240 g) fresh sliced okra
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt, to taste
- 3 cups (750 ml) cooked rice, warm
In 6-quart (6 l) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except okra, shrimp, salt, and rice. Mix well.
Close cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours, adding okra during last 30 minutes and shrimp during last 10 minutes.
Turn off slow cooker. Serve shrimp and sausage mixture with salt. Serve over cooked warm rice