- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. Red Baby potatoes (halved)
DIPPING SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- Sour cream / Greek Yogurt
- Scallions /chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Tilt the baking dish so the olive oil coats the bottom of the dish.
- Add the grated cheese, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Carefully and slowly sprinkle the grated cheese evenly on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the potato cut size down on the cheese layer. Push the potatoes down into the grated cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. (Or until the cheese is browned and the potatoes are soft.)
- Remove from the oven. Set aside to cool slightly. (About 5 minutes.)
- To remove the cheese potatoes from the pan use a knife to cut through the cheese on the bottom of the pan.
- Use a spatula to carefully lift the cheese covered potatoes from the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange the potato with cheese side up on a serving platter.
- Combine the sour cream with the chopped scallions. Stir to blend.
- Use a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the Bottom half of the potato down to heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn them over to heat the cheese potato side down for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Watch carefully so they don’t burn.