1 cup vegetable broth
2 large potatoes, cubed
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 small onion, diced
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground dried thyme
1 teaspoon minced parsley (fresh)
2 1/4 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
2/3 cup milk
1. Place broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, peas and onion into a 6 quart crock pot.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, flour, butter, salt, garlic powder, pepper, thyme and parsley until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into crock pot and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
4. Combine baking mix and milk. Spread mixture over the top of the vegetable mixture in crock pot.
5. Reduce heat to LOW, cook for an additional 2 hours.