- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (12 ounces) grape jelly
- 1 1/4 cups (12 ounces) chili sauce
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, beaten egg, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix together until just combined.
In a medium bowl, combine the milk, breadcrumbs, garlic, and onion.
Add milk mixture to the meat mixture being careful not to overwork ingredients.
Form into desired size meatballs, greasing hands before starting to keep the meat from sticking, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place in preheated oven and roast until the outsides are browned and they read 165°F on a meat thermometer (about 25 minutes).
Place the cooked meatballs, grape jelly, and chili sauce in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 3 hours. Serve warm.