Back to Top
- 1kg lamb mince
- 2 onions, coarsely grated
- 1 garlic bulb, broken into cloves and finely chopped or grated
- 6 tbsp garam masala
- bunch coriander, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce, plus extra to serve
- 8 pitta breads
- 4 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- half a red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red onion, sliced (optional)
- small pot plain yogurt
- Tip the mince into a large bowl (use a clean washing-up bowl if you don’t have anything big enough) with all the other burger ingredients and a good pinch of salt. Roll up your sleeves, get your hands into the mix and squelch everything together through your fingers until completely mixed. Pat the mix into 16 small burgers. These may now be frozen for up to 1 month or chilled up to a day ahead.
- To cook, heat grill to its highest setting and lay the burgers in a single layer on a baking tray (you may need to do this in batches, depending on how big your tray is). Grill on the highest shelf for 5-6 mins on each side until browned and cooked through. Pile burgers onto a platter and serve with all the accompaniments, so everyone can construct their own sandwich.