Back to Top
- 16 oz dried ziti
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, Parmesan, egg, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the ziti, marinara sauce, and water.
- Spread half of the ziti mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with ricotta mixture and then pour remaining ziti mixture over the top.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 40 minutes. Uncover and stir gently. Check to see if pasta is al dente. If pasta is still hard, cover again and return to oven.
- Once pasta is al dente, remove foil and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese has melted and pasta is tender, 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!