Children love the dumpling soup. I also love it!
Ingredients for soup:
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small celery (root)
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
Ingredients for dumplings:
- 3 eggs
- 11 tablespoons semolina
Directions for soup:
- Boil the chicken legs for 30 minutes together with the chicken stock.
- Add onions, pepper, celery and carrots and boil them for another 15 minutes.
- Take the meat and vegetables out (you can use them for other dishes, because for this soup are used only for taste)
Directions for dumplings:
- Beat the eggs with a mixer.
- Add the oil, semolina and chopped parsley.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a 1.5l pot boil some water with salt.
- Take one spoon of dumpling composition at a time and dour it in the boiling water with salt.
- Let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Take out the dumpling and add them in the soup. You can also boil them straight into the soup if you prefer instead of using another pot.
Serve it with a chopped parsley. It is indeed delicious !